Freeing The Neck & Shoulders - Hanna Somatics Workshop
23rd February 2019
10.00am – 1.00pm
21 Manor Place
Edinburgh • EH3 7DX
Hanna Somatic Exercises is a gentle neuromuscular approach that effectively retrains your brain to release chronic muscle tension.
Experience the connection between the neck & shoulders and the entire spine as you learn to relax the muscles that contribute to stiffness & pain, tension headaches, slumped posture and rigid shoulders
Who is this workshop suitable for?
For anyone experiencing chronic muscle tension, stiffness and pain in the neck and shoulders or would like to prevent it occurring. It is ideal for those of you who work at a computer or sit for long periods in a car or at a desk. Also, if you’ve suffered a sports injury, fall or car accident this will help you regain freedom of movement.
This workshop will be limited to 8 participants. You are warmly invited to attend.
What do I need to bring?
A yoga mat (or you are welcome to rent one for £1), comfortable clothing you can move and breathe in.
Features of this workshop:
- Experience the connection between the neck and shoulders and the entire spine as you learn to relax the muscles that contribute to tension headaches, slumped posture and rigid shoulders
- Learn gentle, safe Somatic Exercises that help to release stooped, rounded shoulders that can develop due to repetitive computer work and long hours driving or sitting
- Relax tight back muscles that can contribute to a stiff, painful neck
- Release and lengthen muscles without painful stretching
- Explore the connection between neck and shoulder issues and the three stress reflexes all human beings respond to