Yoga and Somatics from the Inside Out
THE WHOLE BODY YAWN
8 Week Hanna Somatics Class Series
Learn how to free the body from chronic muscle tension and stiffness
Move freely without pain
Gentle yet profoundly effective floor based neuromuscular movements that retrain your brain to safely release and lengthen muscles without painful stretching
14th March – 9th May 2018
(No class 25th April 2018)
21 Manor Place
Edinburgh . EH3 7DX
Who are these 8 week class series suitable for?
If you are experiencing muscle tension, stiffness and/or pain (back, hip, neck, shoulders) then these class series are for you. They will help you learn how to move freely without pain, allowing greater co-ordination and suppleness throughout the entire body. These gentle, relaxing movements are wonderful to help you to continue to do all the things you love (yoga, pilates, gardening, walking) with greater ease and fluidity. Throughout the classes you will gain confidence to develop a daily 15 minute practice to maintain and build upon the changes you experience in the class. This class will be limited to 8 participants. Open to all, no experience necessary. You are warmly invited to attend.
Each class series will have its own theme but will always include the essential, basic movements as the foundation to build upon.
What do I need to bring?
A yoga mat (or you are welcome to rent one for £1), comfortable clothing you can move and breathe in.
Features of 8 Week Class Series:
These slow, gentle movement sessions will help you learn:
- The root cause of most chronic muscle tension and pain – Sensory Motor Amnesia (SMA) and how to reverse it
- The basic yet most effective Hanna Somatic Exercises to release muscular tension from the back, neck, shoulders and hips
- The difference between pandiculation (a method that enables you to release and lengthen muscles safely) and stretching
- How your movement habits and the way all humans respond reflexively to stress contributes to low back pain, neck, shoulder and hip pain
- Relax, reduce stress and improve your breathing
- Increase flexibility and mobility
- Develop greater internal awareness of your body and how you move